Where can I find further support or advice?


As a membership organisation, UKELA provides information to the public, including via this website, but does not provide legal advice.

If you think you need specific advice about an environmental concern, the following types of organisation may be able to assist. It is worth contacting a range in order to ascertain which is best placed to assist you on a particular issue and has the capacity to do so.


Local authorities


If you have an environmental concern in your local area the first point of contact should be with your local authority (e.g. the Environmental Health department).

A to Z of local councils – check your local authority 

If you need to escalate further, you can try contacting the relevant regulator.

No content found

No content found

No content found

No content found


UKELA is a charity and membership organisation for those working in or interested in UK environmental law. You can find out more on UKELA’s website. If you want to get in touch with UKELA, you can contact us at [email protected]. We aim to respond within 10 working days. Note that UKELA cannot provide legal advice (see the links above for places that may be able to do so). 


Nothing on this site constitutes legal advice. Specialist legal advice should be taken in relation to specific circumstances. The contents of this site are for general information purposes only. Further information can be found on UKELA’s Terms of use page.

If you need specific advice, follow the links on this page for potential providers of legal advice and support.