Waste authorities and regulators
Other government bodies and websites
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- One of its main objectives is to promote sustainable production and consumption in the UK through waste minimisation and management strategies and programmes. Hosts the new waste strategy.
- Health and Safety Executive
- Addresses health and safety concerns within the Waste Management and Recycling sector.
- Website providing free, clear guidance on environmental law for businesses in Northern Ireland and Scotland.
- Hosts European Commission's waste policies and legislation.
UKELA is not responsible for the content of external