A1 A2 A3 A4

Taking Action Yourself: in England or Wales

If you are not satisfied with the council’s response, you can take action yourself. If you live in England or Wales, you can either argue that the noise amounts to an offence (a noise nuisance) and take action in the magistrates’ court, or you can sue the noisy neighbour for compensation in the county court. The High Court deals with more complex claims for larger amounts of money.

Taking action in a magistrate's court

Taking action in a county court or in the High Court

UKELA is not responsible for the content of external internet sites