Act on Waste
This page gives links to websites with advice on how to reduce, reuse and recycle more. You'll also find links to organisations involved in recycling and composting.
General Waste and Recycling Information
- Recycle Now -- Recycle for Scotland -- Recycle for Wales -- Rethink Waste NI
- Advice and information to help people reduce, reuse and recycle more of their waste.
- Keep Britain Tidy
- Support communities, businesses and government organisations to tackle litter and reduce waste.
- Waste Watch Services
- Support local authorities and other organisations to manage waste better.
- Waste Connect
- Provides data and information on recycling facilities in the UK. Provides a search tool to help you locate your nearest recycling point.
- Waste Book
- Joint project between Friends of the Earth, the former Government Office for London and the Environment Agency. Provides information and contacts on disposal and recycling of waste.
- Waste Online
- Website that provides useful information on waste recycling.
Organisations involved in recycling*
- Donate used mobile phones, printer cartridges and computers to Oxfam for recycling. They also accept stamps, coins and clothes.
- Greensource Solutions (formerly Action Aid Recycling)
- Accepts mobile phones, toner & inkjet cartridges, PDAs and laptops to Action Aid for recycling.
- Waste & Resources Action Programme (WRAP)
- Promote the sustainable use of resources.
- Empty Inkjet Cartridges
- Buys empty inkjet cartridges
- Donate a PC
- Puts people with old PCs and other hardware in touch with good causes.
- London Re-Use Network
- Social enterprise providing office furniture to schools, charities, community groups and start-up businesses.
- Promotes better plastics recycling through research, support, guidance and projects.
- UK aluminium packaging recycling organisation
- Community RePaint
- Allows you to donate unwanted reusable paint. Use post code search locator to find your nearest Community RePaint scheme.
- Community Wood Recycling
- National network of wood recycling social enterprises, where you can buy reclaimed wood.
* The sections on recycling and composting have been generated mostly from links provided by the Friends of the Earth (FOE). UKELA does not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of information supplied by these links or other external links.